Winter has arrived with a gale and a storm here, leaving plenty of time for a concerted burst of game design. The Devil’s Goat has been out and about terrifying play-testers at Board Games By The Bay, WellyCon as well as at some of my local Auckland games groups.
In other news – all SchilMil games are now available at great prices on Amazon.com, and supplies are on their way to Amazon.co.uk
Since it’s inception The Devil’s Goat has changed quite a bit:
- the roles are no longer secret
- the deck of Action cards has given way to an Action placement mechanic
- Goat attacks are randomised using a small deck of Attack cards
- there are now pubs on the map to shelter from harm
- instead of a Hunter, there’s a Doctor role to heal the wounded islanders, and I am thinking of adding a Priest as a 5th Character.
The theme, the different Character’s goals and the mechanic are the things most often mentioned by play-testers that they like about the game.
Peter Kenny has written a spine-chilling intro:
I will be starting to run supervised and blind test sessions mid-June through late August. If you are not already on our Tester’s list, sign up now!
Happy GamingThe Devil’s Goat in play at WellyCon, and a close up of Amelia’s player board